Success is when you have built a business so that you can afford to work with people that could never pay you. -Susan Baier
This episode is with Susan Baier (pronounced Buyer). Susan is the Head Honcho at Audience Audit, which is a custom segmentation solution for agencies. Her expertise in audience-based marketing strategy has developed from over 25 years in product and brand management, market research and strategic planning with companies like Gap and Infusionsoft. She is also a wife and mother of two.
You’ll learn about:
- Susan defines segmentation and the importance
- Her expertise on specifically attitudinal segmentation and what led to a business in the industry
- The importance of having an audience based focus
- How a negative experience (layoff) can have supreme timing
- “Comfortable success” doesn’t exist
- Building a business that truly fulfills you
- Your website is not your resume. Only put what you WANT to do on your site
- Why Jay Baer, Pam Slim and Randy Walters are on her “Most Amazing People” list
- The importance of an accountability partner
- The ability to have filters that allow you to keep from working clients that will make you miserable (like not replying to RFPs or frequent travel)
- Having a “standing timeout” recurring on your calendar for personal time
- Enjoying the time you have now with your small kids. Two blinks and they are too busy for you.
Links, Resources and People Mentioned
- Susan on Twitter
- Audience Audit: http://audienceaudit.com/
- Jay Baer’s book: Youtility (affiliate link)
- Signup page for their new course for Small Business owners: AudienceAxis.com
Thanks for listening!
Thanks for joining me for this episode! I really hope you enjoyed it and if you have any feedback, please leave them in the comments here or on twitter @peterawad and @slowhustle. If you know someone that would benefit from listening, please share it with them.
As always, the best way for you to support the show is by subscribing, rating and leaving an honest review on iTunes. It would me the world to me!
If you have anyone you’d like for us to have on the show, please shoot me their info and why you think they would resonate with our audience.
A BIG thanks to Susan for taking the time!