In this episode I got to chat with The Wizard of Moz, Rand Fishkin. Rand Co-Founded this amazing company and is whom I lovingly refer to as “The King of the Internet.” Seriously, Google the dude.
I was really excited to chat with him because he was 1 of 2 people I had in mind when the concept of Slow Hustle was forming. He recently publicly shared about his 18 month struggle with depression and how he navigated his company through that tough time and what lead to him stepping down as CEO.
You’ll learn about:
- His background and what set him on the path to creating MOZ
- How he accidentally got into content marketing
- The connection between Tetris and his continued love for SEO
- The 18 month struggle with depression, what he was thinking and why he stepped down as CEO
- Why you should invest in self awareness
- The importance of personal introvert time
Links and Resources Mentioned
- Rand on Twitter
- Rand’s public post about depression
- His post about “the loop” http://moz.com/rand/cant-sleep-caught-in-the-loop/
- MOZ: http://moz.com/
Thanks for listening!
Thanks for joining me for this episode! I really hope you enjoyed it and if you have any feedback, please leave them in the comments here or on twitter @peterawad and @slowhustle. If you know someone that would benefit from listening, please share it with them.
As always, the best way for you to support the show is by subscribing, rating and leaving an honest review on iTunes. It would me the world to me!
If you have anyone you’d like for us to have on the show, please shoot me their info and why you think they would resonate with our audience.
A BIG thanks to Rand for taking the time!