In this episode, I enjoyed speaking with Joe Dickerson, UX Lead at Microsoft and author of 7 books (two of which are on UX). Joe has been involved in UX for over 14 years and also has a great perspective on “savoring” life.
You’ll learn about:
- Joe’s background
- How the customer education process for UX has changed over the years
- Why empathy is a critical component of UX design
- His New Years “Plans” not Resolutions
- Start by saying Yes
- Savoring life and the moment (love the term Savor)
Links and Resources Mentioned
- Link to Joe’s Books: http://www.amazon.com/Joseph-Dickerson/e/B006LSQ8VK
- Lean UX Book (affiliate link)
- Pomodoro Technique
- This week in UX
Thanks for listening!
Thanks for joining me for this episode! I really hope you enjoyed it and if you have any feedback, please leave them in the comments here or on twitter @peterawad and @slowhustle. If you know someone that would benefit from listening, please share it with them.
As always, the best way for you to support the show is by subscribing, rating and leaving an honest review on iTunes. It would me the world to me!
If you have anyone you’d like for us to have on the show, please shoot me their info and why you think they would resonate with our audience.
A BIG thanks to Joe for taking the time!