Slow Hustle welcomes the incomparable Corey Blake, whose message is that a big, juicy burger of success is right around the corner for you. But to reach it, you must first kayak down a river of vulnerability and discomfort. We all know that big risks mean big rewards, and Corey has put a new spin on living his life around this truth. And, oh, what a life it is.
Here are some wisdom nuggets to launch you into a life-affirming spiritual crisis while you listen:
- Be willing to make sacrifices, and have faith that you can make it work
- Follow the energy and remain open- you’ll make discoveries
- Remain open to new opportunities and be ready to leap into them as soon as they appear
- Comfort is the enemy, discomfort is a muscle that requires exercise
- How do you draw the line at crazy? Jim Collins methodology (bullets vs, cannon ball)
- Implement vulnerability in your company
- Hire talent to fit into company culture and values before experience and skills
- To find purpose, first find the intersection between your gifts, education, passion, and joy
- If you take risks and seek vulnerability, you’ll create moments for connection
- Tell your story not to shine the spotlight on yourself, but so people can see their shared light in you
- In the quietness, revelations happen that are far beyond achievement
Do us a favor (because you’re the nice person your grandma says you are):
- Share the show with a friend (buttons on the left).
- Rate and review the show on iTunes
Please support the show and our sponsor through a trial with Audible!
Thanks for listening!
Thanks for joining me for this episode! I really hope you enjoyed it and if you have any feedback, please leave them in the comments here or on twitter @peterawad and @slowhustle. If you know someone that would benefit from listening, please share it with them.
If you have anyone you’d like for us to have on the show, please shoot me their info and why you think they would resonate with our audience.
A BIG thanks to Corey for taking the time to chat!