“It’s not going to be what you want right away. It never is. You have to keep doing it.”- Aryn Nichols
Note: This is the highlight version of the full conversation with Aryn. If you want to hear that, please head on over here.
We live in a society that’s never been more digitally connected but that’s also never been more physically disconnected.
Whether it’s knowing your neighbors, knowing your loved ones, or knowing what’s going on in the world – there just isn’t enough time in the day.
Enter Aryn Nichols.
Aryn and her husband/business partner are the creators of “Inspired Driftless Magazine” – a regional publication that connects the Midwest region of the US.
She’s here today to share her journey and best practices for staying sane and growing a business.
Do us a favor (because you’re the nice person your grandma says you are):
This episode is full of great stuff including:
- Why physically printed publications are still powerful in the modern day connected world
- What to do if you want to create a regional magazine in your area
- The surprising things that happened along Aryn’s journey
- Best practices for how to work with your spouse in your business (and when to avoid it completely)
- What to do during your journey to know if you should stay the course or change up your strategy
And don’t forget to check these out:
- The Journey is the Destination: The Journals of Dan Eldon (affiliate link)
- Aryn’s Website & Magazine: I Love Inspired
- Connect with Aryn on Twitter
- Benji Nichols
- The software Inspired uses: Adobe Creative Suite (affiliate link)
- Jason Zook – Part Two on “Enough”
- Productivity Resource: Pomo Todo
Thanks for listening!
Thanks for joining me for this episode! I really hope you enjoyed it and if you have any feedback, please leave them in the comments here, or on twitter @peterawad and @slowhustle. If you know someone that would benefit from listening, please share it with them.
If you have anyone you’d like for us to have on the show, please shoot me their info and why you think they would resonate with our audience.
A BIG thanks to Aryn for taking the time to chat!