By far the most difficult skill I learned as a C.E.O. was the ability to manage my own psychology. -Ben Horowitz
Martin is the founder of Wonders, a visual narratives app with the most amazing hand-picked stories about travel & outdoor culture which is backed by Techstars and Startup Chile. Previously, he headed business development at Layar, an augmented reality startup in Amsterdam, New York and London. There he helped the company grow their app install base to over 40 million downloads.
Call to Action!
Please do two things for us:
- Share the show with a friend (buttons on the left). Someone who will benefit from the interviews on the show and/or the upcoming episodes regarding Peter’s extended travels.
- Rate and review the show on iTunes
Please support the show and our sponsor through a trial with Audible!
You’ll learn about:
- Martin’s story of the inspiration of the Wndrs app
- What you will experience when interacting with the app
- Remembering what it’s like to sleep under the stars
- Having a change of mindset from being ego driven to more compassionate and connected
- What it means to have a “Cinematic Moment”
- Taking intentional time off after Tech Stars and the benefits of being in a network dead zone
- The experience of going through both Startup Chile and Techstars and going through 10 pivots along the way
- Taking care of your body and mind during times of extreme stress levels
- Remembering to “still have fun”
- Activities that allow you to be present
Links, Resources and People Mentioned
- Martin on Twitter
- Wndrs on Twitter
- Wndrs App: https://wndrs.com/
- 180 Degrees South documentary: http://www.180south.com/
- Mindset by Carol Dweck
- Top Five Regrets of the Dying: http://bronnieware.com/bronnies-book/
Thanks for listening!
Thanks for joining me for this episode! I really hope you enjoyed it and if you have any feedback, please leave them in the comments here or on twitter @peterawad and @slowhustle. If you know someone that would benefit from listening, please share it with them.
As always, the best way for you to support the show is by subscribing, rating and leaving an honest review on iTunes. It would me the world to me!
If you have anyone you’d like for us to have on the show, please shoot me their info and why you think they would resonate with our audience.
A BIG thanks to Martin for taking the time to chat!